Vaporist - Forum for eCig Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaporist - Forum for eCig Enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jargon & terminology Reference

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

Female Number of posts : 52
Job : Author/Artist/Singer-songwriter/Webmaster/masseuse
Hobbies : Vaporist, sculpting, pottery, painting, Hen Parties, women
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Jargon & terminology Reference Empty
PostSubject: Jargon & terminology Reference   Jargon & terminology Reference EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 pm

*I will update this list as the vocabulary emerges, and will also add the suggestions from members.

Atomizer--the part of an eCig that creates the vapor. Usually screws in to the battery.

Vaping--(vay-ping) from the word Vapor--the act of smoking an eCig.

Dripping--putting eliquid in an eCig cartridge atomizer.

PG -- Propylene Glycol. The base used in the eliquid/smoke juice, which creates the vapor. It is the same thing used in fog machines. The FDA has approved PG for use in a slew of other personal products. The difference, here, is that PG is, perhaps for the first time (?) used in it's alternative form, of VAPOR, rather than as a solid or liquid. This is relatively new territory insofar as inhaling it is concerned. But I have so far found no information in regard to PG vapor being a health risk.

VG -- Vegetable glycerin. Used as an alternative to PG. Generally believed to be "safer" though PG has not been shown to be dangerous either. Some Vaporists use this if they feel they have some kind of intolerance or allergic reaction to PG.

Last edited by Jae Baeli on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://vaporist.forumotion.net
mikalares

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Jargon & terminology Reference   Jargon & terminology Reference EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Isn't dripping the act of applying eliquid directly to the atomizer to provide more vapor and a better hit? (Not recommended, as it's not good for your delicate little atomizer, but commonly practiced.)
Back to top Go down
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

PostSubject: Re: Jargon & terminology Reference   Jargon & terminology Reference EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:39 pm

HI Mikalares! Welcome-you're my first member! How did you hear of Vaporist?

As for the dripping thing--if you've been doing the eCig thing awhile, I'm sure you would know better than I would...so, it's dripping on the atomizer itself?

Okay, not the same as just refilling carts with eLiquid. Thanks for the heads-up. I know there are lots of you out there who can educate me on all this, since it's new to me. But obviously, I'm enthused enough to have built a forum for it.

Thanks again, and please feel free to roam around, make suggestions or post.
Best,
Jae
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

Male Number of posts : 22
Job : Drug Abuse Counselor
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Jargon & terminology Reference   Jargon & terminology Reference EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Analog=Regular cigarette.
Chiefin'= Smokin' like Chief Sitting bull and his braves sitting around the wigwam.
Nicquid= Nicotine liquid.

Last edited by Vince on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

PostSubject: Re: Jargon & terminology Reference   Jargon & terminology Reference EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Hehe. Thanks Vince.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jargon & terminology Reference   Jargon & terminology Reference Empty

Back to top Go down

Jargon & terminology Reference
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vaporist - Forum for eCig Enthusiasts :: Member Area :: Jargon-
Jump to: